Welcome to the registration for the F=ma Exam!!
- The F=ma exam is the preliminary exam for the U.S. Physics Team. Students taking the F=ma exam must be either U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents (Green Card holders), or currently attending a U.S. school.
- Two versions of F=ma exam will be given on two different dates (F=ma A, February 9th, and F=ma B, February 15th) in order to accommodate a larger number of participants.
- The F=ma exam focuses on mechanics, including kinematics, statics, Newton’s laws, momentum and energy, oscillations, orbital mechanics, fluids, and elementary data analysis. All problems can be solved without the use of calculus.
- The F=ma A and F=ma B are designed to cover the same topics and have the same difficulty, but will have different questions.
- It is expected that students will take only one of the F=ma exams, but they may take both exams if they wish. If students take both F=ma A & B exams, they must meet or exceed the cutoff score for both exams to move on to the USAPhO exam. There is no benefit for students to take both exams.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO SELECT AN EXAM DATE AND NUMBER OF EXAMS ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE!!
When you are ready, use the Next button at the bottom right to continue the registration process.